Friday, November 7, 2008

Spicy Coincidence!

Winter vacations had just got over,
Had to get back to college.
Thanks to the low cost carriers,
That day I was to fly spicejet.

I checked in at the Delhi airport,
Had to pass by an hour.
Was looking for a convenient seat,
My notebook wasn't charged.

Suddenly I was taken aback,
Somebody pushed me from behind.
I turned around in surprise,
And was happy to see my friend.

Fate had it, we were 
Bound to take the same flight.
Now the journey would be enjoyable,
Boredom would definitely be set aside.

Instead of just sitting and chatting,
We decided to circle the terminal.
Large number of flights to depart,
There were lot of people.

There we saw a batchmate,
We initially were shy to speak.
Because she is from another department,
We had never had the opportunity to meet.

There was an announcement of flight delay,
Frustrated, she turned around.
I took this chance to go and speak,
Don't know where this courage I found.

"Hi, same institute, right?" I asked.
She took some time but recognised.
"You boarding the spice too?" "Yeah."
"Good! That makes it three of us."

My friend and I had decided,
To cab it to the institute once in Bangalore.
I offered her a ride with us,
She humbly denied the offer; other plan decided yore.

Further delay in flight,
We finally boarded, flew and arrived.
We took the cab, she waited,
Even at the off-peak hour, it was a pathetic drive.

6 comments:

Aditya Saraogi said...

the quality of writing has gone down...and hey take a hint!

Unknown said...

Only thought which comes in mind.
Lol ... rest will tell you when we meet :)

Till then tc ;)

Tejasvi said...

I think I recognized that friend, but I guess this was last year's incident.

Unknown said...

n there gose another Estella, but Pip shud'nt give up......

nice writeup though...

Unknown said...

keep writing ..........

Unknown said...

great work..pretty much my story in some ways...
..;)