Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's a Small World!

The story begins like this,
There was a guy in college,
Now I don't even know where he is,
He was, once, one of my best friends.

He then had a girl friend,
Or maybe he was faking it,
It was rather a superiority complex,
He just wanted to grab attention!

He had this ongoing fear,
As many of my other friends do,
That I would pull away his girl friend from him,
I don't know what makes them think so.

Maybe because of my attitude,
The single ones think I'm flirting,
But the committed and married ones seem to understand,
It's the guys who get jealous.

Anyways, he did tell me her name,
Showed me her snaps, gave me some details,
But he never let me speak to her,
Dunno, what he told her about me.

Now that you know who I am,
And you have guessed the subject of this blog,
I would tell you more about how I met this girl,
No, she didn't just walk around the block.

I had recently started work,
When I saw her in the office,
At first, I was not sure,
"Is she...?," I thought.

She crossed me many times,
I always had the urge to talk to her,
But something kept me from taking the step,
I didn't want us to get embarrased.

Then one day, as she was passing by,
Someone called out her name,
Yes, it is her, for sure,
Should I introduce myself?

Not in front of my team, I thought,
Followed her down the staircase,
Called out her name, she stopped,
Introduced myself by my name.

At first she didn't recognise me,
She was surprised, I could see that,
When I mentioned the common friend,
"You were his roomy," she said.

Ok, so he had mentioned me to her,
Whew! That was a relief,
The conversation had started,
From then on we met for lunch daily.

The topic of the friend did come up,
But whizzed past as fast,
"There are better things to discuss",
Oh, I didn't know he was past.

So, there started a friendship,
It's a really small world,
Who knew we'd get to know each other,
I don't work there now, but we still keep in touch.

She is an interesting lady,
I like the way she speaks,
The gentle voice she's got,
Wait a second, did Jerry just squeak? Lol!

She sends a quote each day from office,
I miss them when she's on leave,
Sometimes I give whacky replies,
And then starts a big mail chain.

This one's for you, my sweet friend,
Please don't mind my remarks,
I wish to see that beautiful smile always,
May your face always glow like stars.

3 comments:

Nikhil Wason said...

Is this real?

Aditya Saraogi said...

nice one man...! this rhymes well !

Unknown said...

Part of the reason that men seem so much less loving than women is that men's behavior is measured with a feminine ruler ;)